Saturday, December 19, 2009

Family...




i went shopping today with my dad. i thought, at first when he asked me if i wanted to go, that i would have a terrible time (my dad hasn't been happy or at lest that what it looked like till now), but it turned out that we had fun, looking for gifted for a few people for Christmas :)... we talked and i had a good time. believe it or not i actually talked about politics and of course my dad explained most of it so i understood XD... i usually do get alone with my dad, i mean when were alone, because right when we got home and my mom and sister joined us, the looks, the rolling of the eyes, murmured comments of "how could he buy that", etc. GRRR! my day went from high to low in 1 second.
it amazes me how i can get along great with one on one with each member of my family, but mix it up and put three together BOOM! everyone has a face that says "your wrong", "don't do that"; be careful what you say cause in this family you say something in a different tone and immediately everyone asks "are you angry?", "way r you mad?!?" and you can't explain what you really meant, there’re all mad, which makes one mad... and like i said before BOOM! the emotion went from happy to sad to unbearable tension.
So i decided that i will not speak when more then three are present (mom, dad & me, another example mom, my sis & me, etc.) and if i am one on one i'll limit my comments about there comments about other peoples or the comments about there problems to a simple "um-hum" or "oh..." or "i guess your right". (hope it will work, and reduce the tension that, i think, is making me every day lass comfortable in my home and making me stay cooped up in me room most of the day wishing i lived in another world where i belong to a family that can actually say what the mean and do what they like most, and everyone 'in time' understands) :P

No comments: