Friday, February 10, 2012

Friend of a friend...



STORY NUMBER 2: Waldo

*this story takes place in two summers.

the school year past so fast, i think i was finishing 6 grade... meaning that i was 13. well when summer came along, there were no new guy in my group of friends, beside they had no mystery to them, except Ivo.
Well one day as we all started to go to the park where the boys played soccer and we (us girls) lazy as we are would play or talk nearby. But as we were on our way one of the guys told us he invited his cousin Waldo, and that time I was in love!... cute, tall and older about my sisters age I think. He spent most of his summer with my friend, so in the end with us! We only looked at each other, no talking. Obviously I told my friends and they just supported my good choices in guy… but they couldn’t help me.
I remember that the first time I actually spoke to him, I had just gotten a new cel, and I was showing it off cause of the camera (seem so long ago, with all the new technology) Waldo came straight at me and asked me for it, I handed it over, I mean everyone was looking at it, I should tell you that I wasn’t and still not a big fan a cell phone, yes I use it to text but I just can’t stay on it like other people I see around, so this use of my phone taking it out with me when I’m like right in front on my house was solely  for the purpose of getting his attention, I was jealous that one of my girl friends liked him to, we didn’t speak much in that time. Stupid.
We talked and then the others joined in, I was glad; I didn’t want it to be evident how I felt. So it was like this for a while, we all hung out had fun, talked, I really thought he felt the same way, so I gave him my e-mail and so did he.
So proud of myself, I went straight to my room and to add him… he accepted duh! But since I’m not one to wait, I talked first on the chat; he was sweet until it became a daily event… I would say hi the second he got online, never in a way giving him time to say hi first… bet he wouldn’t.
I annoyed him for the longest time, it went on till October of the next year, GOSHHHH pff… a friend from school asked me if I wanted to have a Halloween party at my house, she would help set up light and stuff… I said ok, and we made invitations everybody went, even my group of friends from home, including Waldo… hahaha I still remember what he and Ivo wore, Waldo: a yellow sweatshirt with a black 9 on the back, jeans and brown shoes, his dirty blond hair all messy sort of like RPatz :P Ivo was better dressed a navy blue sweater a white tee underneath jeans and sneakers J
I danced with Ivo but I talked to Waldo more than I ever had, he even said that he liked me… I’m guessing that not in the romantic way, but still my heart fluttered. Just  like Rufus he started to freeze me out, I mean after the party and all… summer was back and I had plans to get him to be mine, sadly I never put them in motion cause he didn’t come as often, and one day I wrote an e-mail saying how I felt (NEVER EVER DO THIS!!! EVER!!!!) he didn’t respond or come back… and by the way the guy looked at me I knew he told them, probably had a big laugh about it L idiots!

After a few years, when I was in 8th grade, I  was with the girls we were about to go for a walk with my dog… their cousin Ivo told us to answer the door, he was changing, going out. So we did, I stood in shock, there was Waldo still cute, but not how I remembered him, he was in college now maybe that was it, he was with a friend and a girl (skinny, pail, all pretty) when my friends saw my face they said we could go for a walk later, we walked back to the house.
I think something happened, cause a few min’s later Ivo’s brother and Waldo came to the house (I should say that my friend: Liz and Kate, are Ivo’s cousins and they all live together) he (brother) says “hey lore! Waldos here! Haha” I was about to cry. We never went on that walk.
Next day I saw Ivo and his brother and they told me that they knew all about the e-mail… I was embarrassed, until Ivo said that it didn’t matter, and his brother hugged me.
I still see him, facebook and USIL, he doesn’t recognize me, but I hide or start to use my phone to avoid a look :P

No comments: